google-site-verification=DY3l_77X-FOa60XTi3uBkgcWrlgQNYWvueZlx8HzWwo Blog For Everybody: Celebs reveal their favourite holiday destinations

Pages

Blog For Everybody

05 July 2011

Celebs reveal their favourite holiday destinations

Salman Khan
My work takes me to far-flung places but when left to myself, I love to drive down to Panvel. It is less than two hours from Mumbai but it is quite another world. The weather is cool, the air is clean and crisp, there are vast open spaces, the landscape is a gorgeous green. I like to relax in a hammock under a starlit sky. I have a farm in Panvel and it's an absolute joy to feast on vegetables and fruits from your own garden. Even as I write this, I am helping myself to a bowl of delicious mangoes from the farm. I am sure every city has some hidden gems tucked away in its lane and in its outskirts. Panvel is one such gem.

Rahul Khanna
If you're looking to go off the beaten path in Goa, I recommend a meal at Sunbeam in the village of Assagao. It is the home of designer Jivi SethiĆ¢€¦ Set amidst terraced gardens and filled with incredible art and antiques, it is a mind-boggling shrine to design and style. The chef at Sunbeam, Krishna, is an artist. The last time I ate there I binged on Chilled Melon Soup with Prawns and Mint, Clams Tossed with Angel Hair Pasta, and Tender Coconut Pudding with Ginger & Dark Chocolate Ganache. Every dish was lip-smacking delicious!

Ranveer Singh
Travel, to me, is not just about the destination. It is so much about the journey. That's why I prefer travel by trains and buses over taking a flight. I have learnt so much about my beautiful country by just looking out of the window of a bus or a train, simply absorbing sights and sounds, the beauty of landscapes and also cultural diversity. Such journeys are great learning experiences.

Usha Uthup
I find the Oxford Bookstore on Kolkata's Park Street amazing because it truly is one of the few places in the city where you can enjoy book browsing. It has an area upstairs where you can attend book launches and interesting talks. The Cha Bar is lovely and informal and, like everything in Kolkata, a very warm place to be in. For me, Oxford has a special fragrance that attracts the minute I enter the storeĆ¢€¦ I think it is something to do with my love for books.

Zoya Akhtar
One of my favourite places is Leh, which, in spite of too many tourists, remains a beautiful town. The best way to explore Leh is on foot and when hungry, just stop at one of the hundred eateries that serve amazing thukpas.

Purab Kohli
When you're at Hampi, make sure you stay in Kishkinda Resort. The resort is nothing more than a simple village stay, where people have converted their beautiful, comfortable homes into a resort. This is the result of an initiative taken by an NGO. You can pick a home depending on the number of people in your group. You can either cook yourself, or eat at the little south Indian cafe that serves amazing dosas. The best part? The resort has a spectacular view of the Hampi landscape.

Rana Daggubati
I love my city. Hyderabad is especially beautiful to drive by night. Some of my most memorable evenings were spent driving through the lanes of the Old City and indulging in mouthwatering Bheja Fry and Naan at Farasha Hotel, Charminar.

Anushka Manchanda
Dharamsala inspires me with its beauty, spirituality and simplicity. You can lose and find yourself in the lanes of this hillstation. Here, I love to shop for silver jewellery, Tibetan handicrafts, colourful shawls and other knick-knacks. I also love a cafe called the JJI Cafe. It is named after three Tibetan brothers who are great musicians, and call themselves the Exile Brothers. One of the walls at the cafe is covered with notes from visitors saying 'I love you' in different languages. Since they already had the Hindi and English versions up, I left one in Pig Latin!

No comments:

Post a Comment